Starting at $99
Rush: 7 - 10 Business Days
Routine: 13 - 17 Business Days
SunDoc Filings can file your California LLC certificate of amendment with the State on an expedited basis. California LLC amendments are often filed to change an LLC name. An LLC-2 form must be filed with the State's office to amend the LLC Articles of Organization. Be sure to read our filing tips below for additional LLC amendment information.
- Statement of Information: You must have a current Statement of Information on file. The SOS must have on record who is authorized to sign as a member or manager of California LLC. If you need assistance with filing your Statement of Information on an expedited basis, click here.
- Choose the appropriate amendment, sign and upload. Complete the proper California LLC Certificate of Amendment on the right and submit order.
- How fast do you need your document filed?
Document is filed: When the state has filed your document, they will return a filed copy. We will immediately email a copy of the filed document to you and hardcopy via regular mail. You may order an additional certified copy for $29.Click here for Corporate Amendments.
File California LLC Certificate of Amendment
24 Hour Rush: $350 rush fee plus a $30 state filing fee.
Routine: 10-15 business days: California Secretary of State fee of $45 ($30 filing fee + $15 counter fee). A certified copy is an additional $5.
NOTE: We cannot review any document for legal errors as we are not attorneys. We will review documents for completeness only.
If you do not receive our email within an hour during business hours after submission, please contact us by phone at 888-595-2747.
TrustScore 4.8 | +2.6k reviewsClick to see our ratings
Great Service Since 1999
With over 1,000 5-star reviews on Truspilot, you can be confident in working with us.
Same day processing
Only if received by 2 p.m. PST. Most companies mail in your requests delaying results.
Since 1999. Over 100,000 filings. Located in Sacramento.
Skilled Customer Service
Our skilled customer service staff is always ready to help.
Filing Tips for a California LLC Certificate of Amendment
- Have the Articles of Organization, current Statement of Information, and any previously filed Certificate of Amendments in front of you while preparing the Certificate of Amendment LLC-2 form.
- The member or manager that plans on signing the Certificate of Amendment must be listed on the most current Statement of Information LLC-12.
- Do not reference the Agent for Services of Process anywhere on the Certificate of Amendment. If you want to change the Agent for Service of Process, you must file a Statement of Information.
- Double check the LLC number and make sure it matches exactly with the Secretary of State's records. If the LLC was formed in 1998 or earlier, due to the Y2K bug, the Secretary of State changed all the LLC numbers. Hint: If your original file number starts with 101 then you have an old number. Do not use the old number on the form. Use the new number that starts with the year it was formed such as 1998. If the LLC was formed in 1999 or later, use the number that was issued on the Articles of Organization. Call the Secretary of State at 916-653-3365 to verify your LLC number.
- When filling in the form LLC-2, make sure that the LLC's current name is typed exactly as it appears on the Articles of Organization or previous name change Amendment. Do not abbreviate or leave out punctuation.
- Remember, you are amending an Article on the original Articles of Organization. Therefore, you cannot amend information you have not previously provided.
- The Certificate of Amendment must be typed.
- The Certificate of Amendment cannot be signed by the attorney; it must be signed by the member or manager.
- Do not enter an effective date that has already past. An effective date is not a required field; if in doubt, leave it blank. However, if you want to mention a future effective date, please follow the Secretary of State's instructions.
- Do not check mark the 3. B. "The Limited Liability company will be managed by:" unless you are actually changing how the LLC is managed. For example, if the Articles of Organization state "one manager" will manage and on the form you check "one manager", the Secretary of State will reject the document because you are attempting to amend information that is already of record.
- If the member/manager is a corporation - example: John Doe, President on behalf of ABC, Inc., Manager - This would indicate that the manager of the LLC that is being amended is ABC, Inc. John Doe has authority as President of ABC, Inc. to sign on behalf of the company provided John Doe is listed on ABC, Inc.'s current Statement of Information.
- If member/manager is an LLC - John Doe, Manager on behalf of ABC, LLC, Manager - This would indicate that the manager of the LLC that is being amended is ABC, LLC. John Doe has authority as Manager of ABC, LLC to sign on behalf of the company provided John Doe is listed on ABC, LLC's current Statement of Information.
- For further tips, please read all the instructions contained in Secretary of State Instructions.