What is a Business License?
Business licenses are permits issued by government agencies that allow individuals or companies to conduct business within specific geographical jurisdictions. It is the authorization to start a business issued by the federal, state and local government. In order to operate a business in a single location, it is common that many licenses, registrations and certifications will be required.
Your company’s business activity and physical location will determine the proper licenses needed to legally operate. Other factors such as employee count and form of business ownership such as a corporation, LLC or sole proprietor determine additional licenses and permits that may be required.
Failure to comply with license, permit and tax registration requirements can lead to expensive penalties or leave business owners without legal protection.
How Do I Apply For A Business License?
- Your company will need an Assumed Name to register your business. You can also incorporate your business within a specific geographic area using your legal business name.
- You will also need to obtain an EIN (Employment Identification Number). This is the corporate equivalent to a social security number assigned to business entities operating in the US so that the Internal Revenue Service may identify your entity.
- Next, you’ll need to determine all business licenses and permits required at the federal, state, county and municipal levels. All of this information can be found within each respective jurisdiction’s website, allowing you to download the proper forms.
- Finally, you’ll need to complete all of the necessary licensing and permit forms, issue proper payment and then file within each desired jurisdiction.
- There are companies that can help start your business while understanding the complex bureaucratic process involved for researching, filing and obtaining the proper business licenses and permits.
How Many Federal, State, County and Local Licenses Will Your Business Need? Click Below To Find Out:
The Sundoc Filings Advantage
- Sacramento Based With Nationwide Capabilities
- Always Live Customer Support
- Full Spectrum of Affordable Services to Launch Your New Business
Business License Compliance Package
Easy. Affordable. Fast.
Business License Compliance Package: $99
Steps To Order Your Business License Compliance Package:
ONE. Free: Click on the “Free Business License Evaluation” button and answer basic questions regarding your business such as location and business type. You will be provided the number of licenses required at the Federal, State, and County and Local levels.
TWO. Click Purchase for you Business License Compliance Package
THREE. You will receive a customized application package for you to fill out and submit. This includes:
- Your License Requirements
- Actual Applications & Instructions
- Government Details
- Optional Form Preparation Assistance
- Optional Filing Service