Volume discounts apply for multiple states and entities. SunDoc Filings offers Registered Agent Services in all 50 states. Most states require a Registered Agent other than the home office or place of business. The Registered Agent is responsible for important legal and tax documents on behalf of incorporated companies, such as the following:
- Service of Process
- Important state mail, such as annual reports or statements
- Tax notices – annual or otherwise
With SunDoc Filings, you also have secure access to your corporate information, customized reporting tools and service of process history. Accessing our private network is easy and secure with your own User Name and Password. You can access more tools and resources from any location 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Contact us today to learn how we can assist you with your registered agent and corporate service needs. Call our customer service representatives at 888-595-2747.
The registered agent must have a physical address (not a post office box) in the state of incorporation or qualification and must be available at that address during normal business hours.
The Stakes Can be High
Service of Process is the first document that can initiate a lawsuit. If your company fails to respond, you risk a default judgment against your company, and full damages can be awarded by a judge. We notify you by email of any Service of Process that has been served to us as your agent. You can access it online and can easily forward it to your legal counsel.
What does a Registered Agent do?
A Registered Agent accepts service of process on behalf of the company and immediately forwards the service of process to either the company, or if preferred, the company’s attorney. In addition, the Registered Agent will forward correspondence from the state filing agency, state tax agency, and the Internal Revenue Service directly to your company.
Why would the company ever get service of process?
If the company is sued, the plaintiff's attorney (for civil suits) or the court for other legal pleadings will have a Process Server serve the company’s Registered Agent notice of the lawsuit. A company may also receive legal notices regarding company's employees such as demands for child support, wage disclosures, or wage garnishment.
I thought the corporation/LLC/LP is a separate legal entity. Why does it require a Registered Agent?
Even though a corporation/LLC/LP is a separate entity, it cannot answer the door and physically accept the court document in its hand. Therefore, state filing agencies require that a corporation designates a Registered Agent to receive service of process on the company's behalf.
TrustScore 4.8 | +2.6k reviewsClick to see our ratings
Great Service Since 1999
With over 1,000 5-star reviews on Truspilot, you can be confident in working with us.
Same day processing
Only if received by 2 p.m. PST. Most companies mail in your requests delaying results.
Since 1999. Over 100,000 filings. Located in Sacramento.
Skilled Customer Service
Our skilled customer service staff is always ready to help.
Benefits of SunDoc Filings' Registered Agent Services
Part of our registered agent service includes providing you with the tools to quickly communicate service of process as well as foreign qualification, annual reporting, and tax information for every state. We can also set up automatic emails that will alert you when filing deadlines are approaching.
- Experience-Our network and affiliate network of offices provides some of the most experienced people in the industry.
- Corporate Tools – Access to online forms and guidelines for all types of entities in all states.
- Prompt handling of documents-We provide prompt and efficient handling of important state, tax and legal documents that we receive on your company’s behalf.
- Professional Service of Process delivery-We’ll scan and email Service of Process documents to you promptly for secure delivery.
- Support staff - Our Account Managers are here to assist you by phone, email or website tools. Our knowledgeable staff are happy to answer questions you have about compliance, your account or placing an order with us.
- 24/7 online access-Use us online to check order status, view Service of Process documents, or order services.