888-595-2747 8-5 PST M-F

Over 100,000 Entities Formed Since 1999

Click to see our ratings truspilot TrustScore 4.8 |  +2.6k reviews

Washington Certificate of Good Standing


Washington Certificate of Good Standing

Washington "retrievals" are the best value

Starting at $39

Rush: 2-3 Hours

Routine: Next Business Day

Obtaining a Good Standing Certificate or Certificate of Status for any legal entity in Washington is a smooth process with SunDoc Filings. We know your time is valuable, so we make it our priority to expedite your request and our online ordering system is easy to use and secure. Click on the state below to compare time frames and cost with other companies and see why SunDoc Filings is the number one choice.

Our service fee includes an email copy followed by regular mail if applicable.

SunDoc Advantages

SunDoc's California filings provide the best value: fast and economical.

  • Great Service Since 1999

    With over 1,000 5-star reviews on Truspilot, you can be confident in working with us.

  • Same day processing

    Only if received by 2 p.m. PST. Most companies mail in your requests delaying results.

  • Experience

    Since 1999. Over 100,000 filings.

  • Skilled Customer Service

    Our skilled customer service staff is always ready to help.

How to obtain a Washington Good Standing

For a number of reasons, you may need to prove formally that your company can legally conduct business in Washington State. If you need to prove this fact or that your business is in current compliance with state requirements in Washington State, you will require a Certificate of Good Standing.

A certificate of good standing is a legal document that the state of Washington can issue. The document will bear the seal of Washington as well as an authorized signature from the Secretary of State. You’ll simply need to go to your Secretary of State office to submit a records order if you want to obtain a Certificate of Good Standing.

As opposed to proving good standing, you may need the same request process for other reasons — for example, for information on a company you don’t own or for proof that your business was suspended or dissolved. For the former, know that you can legally request a certified collection of all on-record filings, such as amendments, registration, articles of formation, conversion, and more.

Feel free to conduct records research with the use of Washington State’s online business search, and for fee information and forms for making records requests. SunDoc can deliver expedited requests for Certificates of Good Standing (next business day delivery) if needed!

When Do You Need A Certificate Of Good Standing?

It can be difficult to understand exactly when you might require a Certificate of Good Standing. 

First, if you plan to sell your company or buy another outright, these actions require a Certificate of Good Standing. Next, if you’re carrying out a merger or an acquisition, these processes also need a Certificate of Good Standing. The legal documents for these processes will include your Certification of Good Standing.

Another common need for a Good Standing Certificate is when you want your company to be able to conduct business in a new state (other than Washington). This is foreign qualification, and SunDoc can handle this certification process for you! 

Generally speaking, some licensing requirements, certain tax situations, and applying for any type of credit line necessitates good standing certification. Just remember that your business cannot be out of compliance with the state tax process, but you can technically still owe taxes and be in good standing in the State of Washington.

You’ll need to figure out all the requirements for full documentation. This includes expiration dates. Certain situations will need the certification to be no more than 30 days old while others allow for the certification to be no more than 60 days old.

Certificate Of Good Standing Or Certificate Of Status?

The Certificate of Good Standing in other jurisdictions may also be referred to as a Certificate of Status or of Existence. In Washington, it shows that an entity is registered to do business in the state, is in compliance with applicable corporate rules and licensing requirements, and has not been suspended by the state taxing authority, the Franchise Tax Board.

How To Get Your Good Standing Certificate

As of now, Washington does not allow for electronically submitted Good Standing Certificate requests. You can go to our Sacramento office for an in-person request, or you can order online.

Are you mailing your request in person? Generally, these will be processed on the second business day. 

Are you mailing in your request? These requests will often take up to 5 to 15 business days. 

Keep in mind that rush services are available when needed.

Next Steps

SunDoc Filings can handle your Good Standing request, as with all of your company filings. All of our routine filings on your behalf are expedited in this way, saving valuable time over other companies that typically mail in forms.

To talk to a live voice for immediate assistance call us toll-free during business hours at 1-888-595-2747.

Ready to Incorporate?

  • 1 Check Name Availability

    Choose three names in order of preference and we will check availability.

  • 2 Prepare or Upload your Articles

    Our online form describes all required information.

  • 3 Specify Service Level and Options

    Select a filing package or choose from the menu options.