888-595-2747 8-5 PST M-F

Over 100,000 Entities Formed Since 1999

Click to see our ratings truspilot TrustScore 4.8 |  +2.6k reviews

Montana Certificate of Good Standing


Montana Certificate of Good Standing

Montana "retrievals" are the best value

Starting at $39

Rush: 2-3 hours

Routine: next business day

Obtaining a Good Standing Certificate or Certificate of Status for any legal entity in Montana is a smooth process with SunDoc Filings. We know your time is valuable, so we make it our priority to expedite your request and our online ordering system is easy to use and secure. Click on the state below to compare time frames and cost with other companies and see why SunDoc Filings is the number one choice.

Our service fee includes an email copy.

SunDoc Advantages

SunDoc's California filings provide the best value: fast and economical.

  • Great Service Since 1999

    With over 1,000 5-star reviews on Truspilot, you can be confident in working with us.

  • Same day processing

    Only if received by 2 p.m. PST. Most companies mail in your requests delaying results.

  • Experience

    Since 1999. Over 100,000 filings.

  • Skilled Customer Service

    Our skilled customer service staff is always ready to help.

How to obtain a Montana Good Standing

If you have a registered company in the state of Montana, you may have occasion to acquire formal proof of this. Moreover, you may need to show that your company is compliant with applicable state of Montana requirements or that you have a company that was previously dissolved or suspended.


When this is the case, you'll need a document called a Certificate of Good Standing. 


Obtaining a Certificate of Good Standing simply involves submitting a records order to the Secretary of State. In turn, you'll receive a document that bears the official seal of Montana state and an authorized Secretary of State signature.


Obtaining Certificates of Good Standing and other certified documents can be done for companies that aren't your own as well. For example, you can obtain certified information, such as an original registration (for out-of-state companies), articles of formation, conversion, or amendments for any registered entity.


Locate information about fees and records request forms on the Montana state website. You can use Montana's online business search to research your own records. If you require your Certificate of Good Standing quickly, SunDoc can expedite your request and get it to you by the next business day.


When Do You Need A Certificate Of Good Standing?


You may need a Certificate of Good Standing if you're involved in a merger or acquisition, or if you're buying a company outright, or selling yours. The Good Standing certification will form part of the legal documentation of the entity.


Typically, applying for a business loan or line of credit will require good standing certification. Tax matters also can require it - note that you can owe taxes and still be in good standing with Montana, you just can't be out of compliance with any of the tax process. Certain licensing requirements may also ask for good standing certification.


Another frequent need for a Certificate of Good Standing is to register to do business in another state (see how SunDoc Filings can help you with foreign qualification). You will have to determine your full documentation requirements, including expirations. Some states for example require certified status to be less than 30 days old, while some allow 60 days.


Certificate Of Good Standing Or Certificate Of Status?


The Certificate of Good Standing in other jurisdictions may also be referred to as a Certificate of Status or of Existence. In Montana, it shows that an entity is registered to do business in the state, is in compliance with applicable corporate rules and licensing requirements, and has not been suspended by the state taxing authority, the Franchise Tax Board.


How To Get Your Good Standing Certificate


You can go in person to the Secretary of State's office to order this document, or you can order it by mail. 


If you order your document by mail, requests generally take 5 to 15 business days. On the other hand, in-person requests can be processed in two business days, on average. Rush service is available for Montana Certificate of Good Standing requests.


Next Steps


While other companies generally mail in their documents, SunDoc Filings will handle your Good Standing request in an expedited manner. That's because we hand-deliver and receive all of our documents daily when we visit the Secretary of State’s office in person. Working with SunDoc will save you valuable time. We can handle your Certificate of Good Standing request as well as all other company filings you require.


To talk to a live voice for immediate assistance call us toll-free during business hours at 1-888-595-2747.

Ready to Incorporate?

  • 1 Check Name Availability

    Choose three names in order of preference and we will check availability.

  • 2 Prepare or Upload your Articles

    Our online form describes all required information.

  • 3 Specify Service Level and Options

    Select a filing package or choose from the menu options.