888-595-2747 8-5 PST M-F

Over 100,000 Entities Formed Since 1999

Click to see our ratings truspilot TrustScore 4.8 |  +2.6k reviews

File Any Amendment for $99


File a Certificate of Amendment in Any State for Any Entity Type Here

Starting at $99

Rush: 24 or 48 Hours: Check state for availability

Routine: See order page for details & turnaround time

SunDoc Filings can file a Certificate of Amendment or Restated Articles of Incorporation (including corporate name change) with the Secretary of State on an expedited basis. Let our experience go to work for you.

  1. Choose the state and type of amendment If you are unsure which document to prepare, please consult with your attorney or call the Secretary of State as we cannot legally advise you. We will not be able to legally review your document prior to submission. A rejected document will require additional state and service fees upon re-submittal.
  2. Complete amendment and upload your documents to us.
  3. How fast do you need your document filed.

Your filing is on its way. When the state has filed your document, they will return a filed stamped copy. We will email a copy of the filed document to you and return the certified copy via regular mail.

Amendments can do any of the following:

  • Change the name of your business.
  • Change the number and type of authorized shares.
  • Change the business purpose of your company.
  • Change any other information on your original formation paperwork.
  • Change officers, directors and/or members listed on your initial formation documents.
  • NOTE: changing officers, directors and shareholders may not require an amendment, simply filing an early "Annual Report" might be sufficient.

Name Availability/Reservation: Go to our Name Reservation page if you would like us to reserve the name prior to the filing.

We make no representation that your document will be acceptable for filing. We cannot guarantee that your document will not be rejected. We cannot review your document for legal errors. If your document is rejected, the Secretary of State will retain your fee and will require additional fees upon re-submittal.

SunDoc Advantages

SunDoc's California filings provide the best value: fast and economical.

  • Great Service Since 1999

    With over 1,000 5-star reviews on Truspilot, you can be confident in working with us.

  • Same day processing

    Only if received by 2 p.m. PST. Most companies mail in your requests delaying results.

  • Experience

    Since 1999. Over 100,000 filings. Located in Sacramento.

  • Skilled Customer Service

    Our skilled customer service staff is always ready to help.

Corporation and LLC Amendment Filing Tips

  • Have the President and Secretary sign and date the document. Make sure their names and titles are typed below their signatures. If a person holds the office of President and Secretary, that title must be typed below their name. Two officers must sign the certificate unless an Incorporator is filing the amendment.
  • The President and Secretary who are listed and who sign the Certificate of Amendment must also be the same President and Secretary listed on the corporation's current Statement of Information.
  • If a corporate Amendment and Restated Articles of Incorporation are being filed, do NOT include any mention of the agent for service of process unless the corporation is less than 90 days old and a Statement of Information has never been filed.
  • When referencing the corporation's current name, make sure it is typed exactly as it appears on the Articles of Incorporation or previous name change Amendment. Do not abbreviate or leave out punctuation.
  • Remember, you are amending an Article on the original Articles of Incorporation. Therefore, you cannot amend information not originally  provided. If there are many changes, you should Restate the Articles of Incorporation in its entirety (minus the agent for service of process if the corporation is over 90 days old). Requirements are in the California Corporation's Code.
  • Prepare the Certificate of Amendment with the original Articles of Incorporation or Restated Articles of Incorporation. If Articles are referenced as roman numerals such as I., II., III...etc., then do not amend by using "Article One" or "Articles First". Be consistent or your document will be rejected. The Certificate of Amendment must be verified and include the statement, "We further declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California that the matters set forth in this certificate are true and correct of our own knowledge".
  • The Certificate of Amendment must be typed.
  • For further tips about amendment filings, please read all the instructions contained in the Certificate of Amendment Filing Packet.

File a Certificate of Amendment to Change a California Corporation Name Here

File a Certificate of Amendment to Change a California LLC Name Here