888-595-2747 8-5 PST M-F

Over 100,000 Entities Formed Since 1999

Click to see our ratings truspilot TrustScore 4.8 |  +2.6k reviews

We can submit your filing the same day - $99


File a Certificate of Amendment to Change a California Corporation Name Here

Starting at $99

Rush: 24 Hours

Routine: 13 - 15 Business Days

SunDoc Filings can expedite your California corporation Certificate of Amendment or Restated Articles of Incorporation.

24 Hour Service Available.

  1. Statement of Information: You must have a current Statement of Informaion on file. Without the Statement of Information, the Secretary of State does not have on record who can sign as the President and Secretary of the corporation. To file a new Statement of Information, go to our statement of information page.
  2. Choose the type of amendment, sign and upload. Select the correct form on right.
  3. How fast do you need your document filed?
Get started

Your filing is on its way: After the state files your document, they will return a filed copy. We will immediately email a copy of the filed document to you and return the hardcopy via regular mail. You may also order a certified copy for an addiional $29.

Click here for LLC Amendments.

State Forms & Fees

Name availability check: the state charges $4 per each name checked.

File Certificate of Amendment

24 Hour Rush: $350 Secretary of State rush fee + $30 state filing fee. (Must be received by 3 p.m. PST).

Routine: 2-4 weeks: $15 state counter fee + $30 state filing fee.

For domestic corporations: If you plan to change only one Article, such as changing the name of the corporation, only the Certificate of Amendment is required. If you are changing more than one Article, such as the name of the corporation AND the amount of authorized stock, then you are required to Amend and Restate the Articles of Incorporation.

Certificate of Amendment - Stock

Restated Articles of Incorporation - Stock

Amended Statement by Foreign Corporation

We make no representation that your document will be acceptable for filing. We cannot review your document for legal errors. If your document is rejected, the Secretary of State will retain your fee and will require additional fees upon re-submittal. Additional service fees will also apply to rejected documents.

SunDoc Advantages

SunDoc's California filings provide the best value: fast and economical.

  • Great Service Since 1999

    With over 1,000 5-star reviews on Truspilot, you can be confident in working with us.

  • Same day processing

    Only if received by 2 p.m. PST. Most companies mail in your requests delaying results.

  • Experience

    Since 1999. Over 100,000 filings. Located in Sacramento.

  • Skilled Customer Service

    Our skilled customer service staff is always ready to help.

Filing Tips for a California Corporation Certificate of Amendment

  • Have the President and Secretary sign and date the document. Make sure their names and title are typed below their signature. If a person holds the office of President and Secretary, that title must be typed below their name. Two officers must sign the certificate unless an Incorporator is filing the amendment.
  • The President and Secretary who are listed and who sign the Certificate of Amendment must also be the same President and Secretary listed on the corporation's current Statement of Information.
  • If a corporate Amendment and Restated Articles of Incorporation are being filed, do NOT include any mention of the agent for service of process unless the corporation is less then 90 days old and a Statement of Information has never been filed.
  • When referencing the corporation's current name, make sure it is typed exactly as it appears on the Articles of Incorporation or previous name change Amendment. Do not abbreviate it or leave out punctuation.
  • Remember, you are amending an Article on the original Articles of Incorporation. Therefore, you cannot amend information you have not previously provided. If there are a lot of changes, you should Restate the Articles of Incorporation in its entirety (minus the agent or service of process if the corporation is over 90 days old). Do not use the forms provided for restated articles; requirements are in the California Corporation's Code.
  • Prepare the Certificate of Amendment with the original Articles of Incorporation or Restated Articles of Incorporation nearby. If Articles are referenced as roman numerals such as I., II., III...etc. then do not amend by using "Article One" or "Articles First".
  • Be consistent or your document will be rejected.The Certificate of Amendment must be verified and include the statement: We further declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California that the matters set forth in this certificate are true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • The Certificate of Amendment must be typed.
  • For further tips about amendment filings, please read all the instructions contained in the Certificate of Amendment Filing Packet.