Latest Posts


Of the 3 typical partnerships in business (General, Limited and Limited Liability) the Limited Partnership is more specific about who owns - and owes - what. Here's everything you need to know about Limited Partnerships.


How easy is it to form a General Partnership? Is this what you want for your business? What are the pros and cons? Read our guide to the General Partnership here.


How to choose in the C Corporation vs S Corporation contest? Which is better for your company? Check the 6 Main Factors in this quick view.


Here's how to get a Certificate of Authority - the "foreign qualification" required by the State of California if your company is registered in another state and wants to do business in California.


Here's a snapshot view that nails down the essential differences between an LLC and an S Corp, to help you decide which one is better for your business.


Beware of letters from "California State Corporations" offering to issue a Certificate of Status. This is bogus, warns the Secretary of State. Only the state can issue these.


If you're making a lot of changes to your corporate details, you may want to write out an entire new version of your articles from scratch and file a Restated Articles of Incorporation form with the Secretary of State. Here's how.


To change the name of a California corporation, or any other formation details, you need to file a Certificate of Amendment of the Articles of Incorporation. Here's a sample Certificate of Amendment form and tips for filling it out.


Here are the forms required to create a corporation in California, along with an item-by-item guide to filling out the forms.


Download the Articles of Organization Form LLC-1 here, to form an LLC ( Limited Liability Company) in California. And here's our item-by-item guide to filling out the form.