Minnesota Certificate of Good Standing


Minnesota Certificate of Good StandingRoutine Orders:
(Next Business Day Delivery) - $39

Rush Orders:
2-3 Business Hours) - $65

In order to certify that your Minnesota business is in existence in the eyes of the state, complies with state requirements, and is authorized to conduct business within the state, you’ll need a Certificate of Good Standing (also known as a Certificate of Existence). This document is issued by the Minnesota SOS (Secretary of State). It is also required to renew business licenses, for loans, and for business and other tax purposes.


Our service fee includes an email copy. 



Rush: 2-3 hours      $65 (plus state fees)


Routine: Next business day   $39 (plus state fees)


Request must be received by 2 p.m. PST.  Fee includes an email copy.




Requirements for your entity to be in Good Standing:

  • Registered with the State as a domestic or foreign entity
  • Filed all annual reports as required by the State
  • Paid all State mandated fees and taxes


We can help you obtain additional state documents, such as amendments or articles. Just go to our Certified Docs page.

The SunDoc Filings Advantage


  • All orders received by 2 p.m. PST are processed the same day
  • We will never mail in requests like most companies as this delays results
  • Since 1999, we’ve helped with thousands of document retrievals


Let our skilled customer service staff help you retrieve your documents. Since 1999 at SunDoc Filings, we’ve retrieved thousands of Good Standing Certificates for our clients.



Qualifying Your Minnesota Corporation in Another State


Good Standing Certificates (also known as Certificates of Existence) are often required in order to qualify your Minnesota corporation or LLC as a legal “foreign corporation” in another state. In other words, to qualify for the authority to do business in another state that is not Minnesota (your home state), you must apply. Any entity is considered foreign prior to receiving this authority. Each state has different requirements for this, but nearly all states require a Good Standing Certificate from Minnesota (the home state). At SunDoc Filings, we’ll be able to help you with any state. Visit our qualification page for more information.


Other states may offer both a short form and a long form good standing.  They may also refer to a Good Standing Certificate as one of the following:

  •    Certificate of Authorization
  •    Letter of Good Standing
  •    Certificate of Fact
  •    Certificate of Authority
  •    Certificate of Existence


Necessary Steps for Obtaining Good Standing

  • The entity cannot be suspended by the Minnesota SOS (Secretary of State) or in default.
  • Entity must be registered with the Minnesota SOS as either a foreign or domestic registered entity.
  • The corporation or LLC must have complied with all SOS requirements, such as annual fees, annual reports, keeping the SOS informed of any changes to your entity, and maintaining a registered agent.



Information about the Certificate of Good Standing



Once the Secretary of State returns your document to our office, we’ll send you a scanned copy in an email. From there, if necessary, we’ll send you the original via the USPS. Please keep in mind that we do not include times when the state office is closed in our delivery times (weekends and state holidays).


Top reasons for requiring a Good Standing Certificate

  • To qualify a corporation or LLC in another state
  • To obtain a line of credit or loan
  • To register to do business in another state
  • For certain industries’ licensing requirements
Please tell us how we can help!
A Minnesota Certificate of Good Standing can be issued by the Minnesota Secretary of State (SOS) to any nonprofit or for-profit, domestic or foreign business entity as long as the necessary documents have been submitted. The entity also must be duly formed or registered within the state. Having a Certificate of Good Standing certifies that your entity is registered with the state of Minnesota and is in compliance with all state requirements. Because it is usually issued by the SOS, it will generally bear the SOS seal (unless another state authority issues it). Certificates of Good Standing are one page documents most of the time. Certificates of Good Standing are also known as Certificates of Existence, Certificates of Status, Certificates of Authority, or Good Standing Certificates.
Entity Requirements:
• Must be registered to do business in Minnesota 
• Must be in good standing with the state regulations and not suspended for any reason 
We can obtain a Minnesota Good Standing Certificates for the following entities:
• Limited Liability Company 
• Limited Partnership/ General Partnership
• Limited Liability Partnership 
• Corporation
Other State Nomenclature:
• Certificate of Fact
• Certificate of Authority
• Certificate of Existence
• Certificate of Authorization
• Letter of Good Standing