Kentucky Certificate of Good Standing


Kentucky Certificate of Good Standing

Routine Orders: $39 (Delivery on Next Business Day)
Rush Orders: $65 (Delivery in 2-3 Business Hours)

Kentucky Good Standing Certificates are also known as Certificates of Existence, and they are regularly required for business license renewals, lines of credit, and various other business and tax purposes. The Secretary of State of Kentucky issues these certificates, which authorize that your Kentucky business is legally in existence with the state, authorized to conduct business in the state of Kentucky, and currently complying with state requirements. This enables your business to be in “good standing” with the Kentucky state government.


Our service fee includes an email copy. 



Rush: 2-3 hours      $65 (plus state fees)


Routine: Next business day   $39 (plus state fees)


Request must be received by 2 p.m. PST. Service fee includes emailed copy.




Requirements to Obtain a Kentucky Good Standing Certificate, the entity must have:

  • Registered with the State as a domestic or foreign entity
  • Filed all annual reports as required by the State
  • Paid all State mandated fees and taxes


For articles, amendments, or other state documents, check out our Certified Docs page.

The Advantage of Filing With SunDoc Filings


  • All orders recieved by 2 p.m. PST are processed the same day
  • Since we began in 1999, the number of document retrievals we’ve processed has reached the thousands
  • We’ll never delay your results by mailing in requests



Our knowledgeable customer service staff is always here to help you. We’ve been retrieving Good Standing Certificates and other documents for customers since 1999.



Steps to Qualifying Your Kentucky Corporation in Another State


If you are interested in foreign qualifying your Kentucky LLC or corporation in a state other than Kentucky, you must apply for this authority. For the most part, this means that you will need a Good Standing Certificate (also known as a Certificate of Existence) from your home state (Kentucky). This will enable your corporation or LLC to qualify as a “foreign corporation” in your target state, and you will be able to conduct business there. SunDoc Filings can help you meet the qualifications for any state. Simply go to our  qualification page.


Please keep in mind that in certain cases, both a long form and short form good standing are necessary. Also remember that the Good Standing Certificate may be referred to by one of the following equivalent terms:

  •    Certificate of Authority
  •    Certificate of Authorization
  •    Letter of Good Standing
  •    Certificate of Existence
  •    Certificate of Fact


What does "Inactive" status mean?

- Entities can be listed as either inactive and good standing or as inactive and bad standing

    ~ Inactive and good standing- Can be listed as this status for the following reasons: (1) entity filed articles of dissolution, (2) entity changed its name, (3) entity merged into another entity

    ~ Inactive and bad standing- entity did not file an annual report for the year or the registered agent resigned and a new one has not been appointed



Key Information on the Certificate of Good Standing



We will return your document to you immediately after receiving it from the SOS (Secretary of State). Upon receiving your document, we will scan and e-mail it to you, and if necessary, we will follow up with the original via the U.S. Postal Service. Delivery times for us do not include weekends or state holidays when state offices will also be closed.


Why you may need to obtain a Good Standing Certificate:

  • For a line of credit or loan
  • For licensing requirements
  • To qualify your business in another state
  • To register to transact business in another state
 Tell us how we can help!
The Certificate of Good Standing may also be referred to as a Kentucky Certificate of Existence, a Kentucky Certificate of Authority, or a Certificate of Status. It is a one-page official document that is issued by the Secretary of State. This means that it will naturally bear the seal of the SOS (Secretary of State) or of another state agency when the SOS is not the authority who issues the certificate. The Kentucky Secretary of State will grant a Certificate of Good Standing to any business or entity that is nonprofit or for-profit, foreign or domestic. The entity must be duly formed or registered within the state of Kentucky, and the appropriate documents must be submitted to the SOS beforehand.
Entity Requirements:
• Must be registered to do business in Kentucky 
• Must be in good standing with the state regulations and not suspended for any reason 
We can obtain Kentucky Good Standing Certificates for the following entities:
• Limited Liability Company 
• Limited Partnership/ General Partnership
• Limited Liability Partnership 
• Corporation
Other State Nomenclature:
• Certificate of Fact
• Certificate of Authority
• Certificate of Existence
• Certificate of Authorization
• Letter of Good Standing