Hawaii Certificate of Good Standing


Hawaii Certificate of Good Standing

Rush Orders (2-3 Business Hours): $65
Routine Orders (Next Business Day): $39


A Hawaii Good Standing Certificate or Certificate of Existence is a document issued by the Hawaii Secretary of State. This document is often necessary for business and tax purposes, for renewing business licenses, taking out loans, and more. Having one of these documents will certify that your business or entity is certified to conduct business in the state of Hawaii. It also certifies that your business or entity is in existence and has complied with Hawaii state requirements. Altogether, this means your business is in Good Standing.


Our service fee includes an email copy. 



Rush: 2-3 hours     $65 (plus state fees) 


Routine: Next business day  $39 (plus state fees)


Request must be received by 2 p.m. PST.  Fee includes an email copy.




Requirement for your entity to be in Good Standing:

  • Registered with the State as a domestic or foreign entity
  • Filed all annual reports as required by the State
  • Paid all State mandated fees and taxes


Do you need other state documents such as articles or amendments? Please head to our Certified Docs page.

The Advantage of Filing With SunDoc Filings


  • We have experience: We’ve processed thousands of document retrievals since our founding in 1999
  • We won’t delay your results: Most other companies mail in requests
  • All orders received by 2 p.m. PST are processed the same day


Allow our skilled customer service staff to help you! Since 1999, SunDoc Filings has retrieved thousands of Good Standing Certificates for customers.



How to Qualify a Hawaii Corporation in a Separate State:


In order to foreign qualify a Hawaii LLC or corporation, you may need a Good Standing Certificate or Certificate of Existence. This is necessary in order to qualify as a "foreign corporation" in any state other than your home state of Hawaii. All entities will be considered foreign to another state if they are not yet qualified there. To conduct business in another state, your business must apply for the authority to do this. Keep in mind that all states have different qualification guidelines, but nearly all states require having a Good Standing Certificate from your home state. SunDoc Filings can help you with qualifying in any state. Go here for our qualification page.


Some states may offer both a long form and a short form good standing. It’s also possible that other states will refer to a Good Standing Certificate in one of these terms:

  •    Certificate of Authority
  •    Certificate of Fact
  •    Letter of Good Standing
  •    Certificate of Authorization
  •    Certificate of Existence


DCCA: Department of Commerce & Consumer Affairs

~ Certificates of Good Standing can be authenticated by the DCCA.  You will need either the document authentication code or the document code in order to do this.  This will authenticate the document and show it is a true and correct document from the DCCA



Key Information about the Certificate of Good Standing



As soon as we receive your document from the SOS office, we will return it to you via e-mail by making a scan right away. If necessary, we will follow this e-mail with a paper copy via the USPS. Please note: Our delivery times don’t include weekends or state holidays when state offices will be closed.


Reasons why you might need to have a Good Standing Certificate:

  • To qualify your entity in another state
  • For licensing requirements for specific industries
  • To obtain a line of credit or loan
  • To register to do business in another state
  We’re here to help!
The Certificate of Good Standing is a one-page document that bears the seal of the Secretary of State of Hawaii or another state agency if the Secretary of State is not the issuing authority. You may also hear this document called by other names: Certificate of Status, Certificate of Authority, or Certificate of Existence.
Having a Certificate of Good Standing certifies that you have a legal entity registered with the state and that you are currently in compliance with all state requirements. Once you submit the necessary documents, the SOS of Hawaii will grant Certificates of Good Standing to any business that was formed and duly registered within the state of Hawaii — whether it is nonprofit or for-profit, domestic or foreign.
Entity Requirements:
• Must be registered to do business in Hawaii 
• Must be in good standing with the state regulations and not suspended for any reason 
We can obtain Hawaii Good Standing Certificates for the following entities:
• Limited Liability Company 
• Limited Partnership/ General Partnership
• Limited Liability Partnership 
• Corporation
Other State Nomenclature:
• Certificate of Fact
• Certificate of Authority
• Certificate of Existence
• Certificate of Authorization
• Letter of Good Standing