Delivered in 2-4 Business Days for $39
Delivered in 2-3 Business Hours for $65
In order to complete multiple business and tax operations, a Wisconsin Good Standing Certificate may be required for your business. In particular, these documents are required to renew business licenses and for loans. They are issued by the Secretary of State. Once you have a Certificate of Good Standing, it certifies that your business is in “good standing” with the state. This means first, that it is in existence. Next, it means that you can legally transact business in Wisconsin, and finally, it means that your business complies with state requirements. Wisconsin Good Standing Certificates are also known as Certificates of Existence.
Our service fee includes an email copy.
Rush: 2-3 hours $65 (plus state fees)
Routine: 2 - 4 Business Days $39 (plus state fees)
Request must be received by 2 p.m. PST. Fee includes an email copy of Good Standing.
Requirements for your entity to be in Good Standing:
- Registered with the State as a domestic or foreign entity
- Filed all annual reports as required by the State
- Paid all State mandated fees and taxes
The SunDoc Filings Advantage
- Many other companies mail in requests, which delays results
- Since 1999, our company has processed thousands of document requests for clients
- All orders received by 2 p.m. PST are processed the same day
Let us help you! Since 1999 at SunDoc Filings, our skilled customer service staff has retrieved thousands of Good Standing Certificates for customers.
How to Qualify a Wisconsin Company in Another State
Any Wisconsin entity wishing to conduct business in another, “foreign” state must apply for this authority. In order to do this, your Wisconsin LLC or corporation has to first qualify as a “foreign corporation” in that state, and this will require a Certificate of Existence or a Good Standing Certificate. Remember that all states have different particular guidelines, however. SunDoc Filings has the ability to help you qualify in any state. To learn more about the various state regulations, head over to our qualification page.
Also remember that many states offer a long form or a short form good standing. It’s not uncommon for other states to refer to a Certificate of Existence or a Good Standing Certificate as well as the following:
- Certificate of Fact
- Letter of Good Standing
- Certificate of Authorization
- Certificate of Authority
Certificate of Status Short vs. Long
The Wisconsin Secretary of State issues 2 different types of certificates, the long form and the short form
- Short form- this is a standard certificate which states the current name, formation date, current status with the Secretary of State
- Long form- includes everything on the short form good standing plus it will include other facts such as previous names, list of charter documents on file, and the name and address of the registered agent on file
Information about the Certificate of Good Standing
When we receive your document via the Secretary of State, we’ll scan and email it to you at once, and if necessary, we can also send the original by the U.S. Postal Service. SunDoc Filings delivery times do not include state holidays or weekends because at these times, the state office will be closed as well.
Here are the most common reasons for needing to obtain a Good Standing Certificate:
- Certain industries licensing requirements
- In order to obtain a line of credit
- In order to qualify your entity in a separate state
- In order to register to conduct business in a separate state