West Virginia Certificate of Good Standing


West Virginia Certificate of Good Standing

Routine:  $39  Next Business Day
Rush:         $65  2-3 Business Hours

A West Virginia Good Standing Certificate (Certificate of Existence) is issued by the West Virginia Secretary of State and is often required for loans, to renew business licenses, or for tax or other business purposes. A Certificate of Good Standing certifies that your West Virginia business is in existence, is authorized to transact business in the state and complies with all state requirements and therefore is in "Good Standing".


Our service fee includes an email copy. 



Rush: 2-3 hours  $65 (plus state fees)


Routine: Next business day   $39 (plus state fees)


Request must be received by 2 p.m. PST.   Fee includes an email copy of the Good Standing.




Requirements for your entity to be in Good Standing:

  • Registered with the State as a domestic or foreign entity
  • Filed all annual reports as required by the State
  • Paid all State mandated fees and taxes


To obtain other state documents such as articles or amendments, please go to our Certified Docs page.

The SunDoc Filings Advantage


  • We have processed thousands of document retrievals since 1999
  • All orders received by 2 p.m. PST are processed the same day
  • Most companies mail in your requests delaying results


SunDoc Filings has retrieved thousands of Good Standing Certificates since 1999.  Our skilled customer service staff is always ready to help.



To Qualify a West Virginia Company in Another State:


To foreign qualify a corporation or LLC may require a West Virginia Good Standing Certificate (Certificate of Existence) to qualify as a "Foreign Corporation" in a state other than the home state.  Any entity is considered “Foreign” to another state and must apply for the Authority to do business in another state.  To do so, each state has different qualification guidelines, most of which include a Good Standing Certificate from the home state.  We can help you with any state.  Click here for our qualification page.


Other states may offer both a short form and a long form good standing.  They may also refer to a Good Standing Certificate as one of the following:

  •    Certificate of Fact
  •    Certificate of Authority
  •    Certificate of Existence
  •    Certificate of Authorization
  •    Letter of Good Standing


Certificates of Existence/ Certificates of Authorization

Registered, active and in good standing.  This does not mean they have met all obligations to the state, such as payments for unemployment compensation or workers compensation, or that is financially sound.  They are issued for the following types of entites:

  • Domestic and Foreign Corporations
  • Domestic and Foreign LLCs
  • LPs
  • LLPs
  • Business trusts
  • Voluntary Associations



Information about the Certificate of Good Standing





Once the SOS office returns the document to us, we immediately scan the document and email you a copy and the original, if necessary, will follow via USPS.  Our delivery time soes ot include weekend & state holidays when the state office is closed.


Reasons for obtaining a Good Standing Certificate:  

  • Qualifying your entity in another state
  • Registering to do business in another state
  • For licensing requirements for certain industries
  • Obtaining a loan or line of credit 
Let us know…we can help!
The Certificate of Good Standing (also referred to as the Certificate of Status or Certificate of Existence) is an official document issued by the Secretary of State that certifies that the legal entity is registered with the State and is in compliance with state requirements. Upon submittal, the SOS will grant a Certificate of Good Standing to any domestic or foreign profit or nonprofit business entity that was duly registered or formed within the State. Also known as a Certificate of Existence, a Certificate of Status or a Certificate of Authority, the Good Standing Certificate is a one page document that bears the seal of the Secretary of State or another state agency if the Secretary of State is not the issuing authority.  In most cases, a Certificate of Good Standing can be valid up to three months.
Entity Requirements:
• Must be registered to do business in West Virginia 
• Must be in good standing with the state regulations and not suspended for any reason 
We can obtain a West Virginia Good Standing Certificates for the following entities:
• Limited Liability Company 
• Limited Partnership/ General Partnership
• Limited Liability Partnership 
• Corporation
Other State Nomenclature:
• Certificate of Fact
• Certificate of Authority
• Certificate of Existence
• Certificate of Authorization
• Letter of Good Standing