Next Business Day. Fee: $39
2-3 Business Hours. Fee: $65
A Virginia Good Standing Certificate is also called a Certificate of Existence. This document is issued by the Secretary of State and is often necessary to renew business licenses, for loans, and for various other business or tax reasons. You need a Virginia Certificate of Good Standing in order to certify that your Virginia business is legally in existence. The document also authorizes that your business is complying with all state requirements and is legally authorized to transact business in your state. This allows your business to be in "Good Standing" in the eyes of the state.
Our service fee includes an email copy.
Rush: 2-3 hours $65 (plus state fees)
Routine: Next business day $39 (plus state fees)
Requests must be received by 2 p.m. PST. Fee includes an email copy of Good Standing.
Requirements for your entity to be in Good Standing:
- Registered with the State as a domestic or foreign entity
- Filed all annual reports as required by the State
- Paid all State mandated fees and taxes
The SunDoc Filings Advantage
- Since 1999, we’ve processed thousands of document retrievals
- All orders received by 2 p.m. PST are processed the same day
- Unlike other companies, we do not mail in requests as this will often delay results
SunDoc Filings’ skilled customer service staff is always here to help you. Since 1999, we have successfully retrieved thousands of Good Standing Certificates for our clients.
How to Qualify a Virginia Corporation in Another State
All Virginia entities that would be considered “foreign” in another state must apply for the authority to do business in that state. It’s important to note that each state has different qualification guidelines when it comes to foreign qualifying an LLC or corporation as a “Foreign Corporation.” But for the most part, a Virginia Good Standing Certificate or Certificate of Existence will be required. We can help you obtain this certificate for any state. Simply go to our qualification page.
As you look at the requirements for other states, you may notice that they require both a long form and a short form good standing. You may also note that they refer to a Good Standing Certificate in another way:
- Certificate of Existence
- Certificate of Authority
- Certificate of Fact
- Letter of Good Standing
- Certificate of Authorization
Commonwealth of Virginia
Certificates of good standing are issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia through their State Corporation Commission
- Certificate of Good Standing- issued for corporations
- Certificate of Fact or Existence- issued for LLC's
Information about the Certificate of Good Standing
We will get your certificate to you as soon as possible. In fact, as soon as the Secretary of State returns your document to us, we will immediately scan it and email you a copy. Where necessary, the original document will follow shortly behind via the USPS. Please keep in mind that our delivery time does not include state holidays and weekends when state offices will be closed.
The top reasons for obtaining a Good Standing Certificate or Certificate of Existence are:
- To obtain a loan or line of credit
- To register to conduct business in another state
- To qualify your entity in another state
- To meet licensing requirements for select industries