A North Carolina Certificate of Existence or Certificate of Authorization is issued by the Secretary of State and is generally required to renew business licenses, for loans or for business or other tax reasons. With a North Carolina Certificate of Exisence, it is certified that your North Carolina business exists and is authorized to legally transact business in North Carolina while abiding by all state requirements. As a result of these compliances, your business is therefore determined to be in "Good Standing".
Our service fee includes an email copy.
Rush: 2-3 hours $65 (plus state fees)
Routine: Next business day $39 (plus state fees)
Request must be received by 2 p.m. PST. Fee includes an email copy of the Good Standing Existence.
Requirements for entity to be in Good Standing:
- Registered with the State as a domestic or foreign entity
- Filed all annual reports as required by the State
- Paid all State mandated fees and taxes
The SunDoc Filings Advantage
- Since 1999, we’ve processed thousands of document retrievals
- All orders received by 2 p.m. PST are processed the same day
- We do not mail in your requests like other companies, which can delay results
Allow our skilled customer service staff to help you. Since 1999, we’ve successfully retrieved thousands of Good Standing Certificates.
To Qualify a North Carolina Corporation in Another State:
A Good Standing Certificate or Certificate of Existence may be necessary in order to foreign qualify a North Carolina LLC or corporation. This certificate is generally needed to qualify as a "Foreign Corporation" in any state that is not the “home state.” In fact, any entity is considered “Foreign” to all other states, and for this reason, one must apply for the authority to do business in another state. This process varies from state to state with each state having different qualifications and guidelines. In general, however, most qualifications include the need for a Good Standing Certificate from the home state. We can help you no matter what states you’re working with. Simply click here to go to our qualification page.
Various other states may offer both a long form and a short form good standing. They may also use different names for a Good Standing Certificate. For example, you may see this certificate referred to as one of the following:
- Certificate of Authorization
- Certificate of Fact
- Certificate of Existence
- Certificate of Authority
- Letter of Good Standing
The following reasons may be why your status with the North Carolina Secretary of State is administratively dissolved:
1. (a) payment for required fees is over 60 days late
(b) you did not file an annual report
(c) it has been over 60 days since the registered agent resigned
(d) the Secretary of State was not notified of changes
2. When the entity was formed, a date was given stating when the company would cease to exist, and that date passed
3. The Secretary of State sent questions called interrogatories that were either not answered or were not answered truthfully
Certificate of Good Standing Information
We will immediately scan the document and send a copy to you via email once the Secretary of State office returns the document to us. If necessary, we will then send the original document to you via USPS. Please keep in mind that our delivery times do not include weekends or state holidays when state offices will be closed.
Reasons for Requiring a Good Standing Certificate:
- Registering to do business in another state
- Qualifying your entity in another state
- Obtaining a line of credit or loan
- Necessary licensing requirements for specific industries