Latest Posts


Always dreamed of owning your own business? Starting a business is a multi-step process that involves planning, making key financial decisions and completing a series of legal activities. With...


An Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number, is how the Internal Revenue Service identifies your business entity. You can apply for an EIN online through the helpful IRS website at no charge. You can also fax or mail Form SS-4...


There are many reasons why legal entity business owners decide, or are forced to close their company. Whatever the reasons for dissolving the business, there are certain legal tasks needed to undertake to protect yourself, your credit, and your reputation. ...


New forms and/or Required Inforamtion on Existing forms for California: most Secretary of State forms will be revised effective January 1, 2015. Here is the breakdown of changes.



Typically your business is required to have a registered agent as the formal contact point to receive legal and official communications. You don't want to risk not having one. Here's how it works.


Forming a non-profit corporation is similar to forming a regular corporation, with additional IRS aspects and potentially State taxation aspects. Here's how to form a non-profit corporation.


Licensed professionals are often required by their state to use a different entity for their business structure, either the Professional Corporation or the Professional Limited Liability Company - the PC and the PLLC. Here's what's involved...


The Limited Liability Partnership is the business entity that protects the other partners from the individual liability of any one of the partners.


How does your new startup company choose what type of business entity to use? Here's our definitive guide to all of them - Sole Proprietorship, DBA, LLC, Corporation, Partnership - to help you choose the one that's right for you!