A New Jersey Good Standing Certificate (Certificate of Existence) is issued by the Secretary of State. It is often a requirement for loans, taxes, renewal of business licenses, or other business purposes. A New Jersey Certificate of Good Standing certifies your business is in existence, is authorized to conduct business in New Jersey, and complies with state requirements and considered in "Good Standing".
Our service fee includes an email copy.
Rush: 2-3 hours $65 (plus state fees)
Routine: Next business day $39 (plus state fees)
Request must be received by 2 p.m. PST. Fee includes an email copy of the certificate.
Requirements for your entity to be in Good Standing:
- Registered with the State as a domestic or foreign entity
- Filed all annual reports as required by the State
- Paid all State mandated fees and taxes
The SunDoc Filings Advantage
- Since 1999, we have handled thousands of documents requests.
- All orders received by 2 p.m. PST are processed the same day
- Most companies mail in your requests delaying results, but not at SunDoc Filings.
SunDoc Filings has retrieved thousands of Good Standing Certificates since 1999. Our skilled customer service staff is always ready to help.
Qualifying a New Jersey Corporation in Another State:
To qualify a New Jersey corporation of New Jersey LLC in another state, you may be required to provide a Good Standing Certificate (Certificate of Existence). Since it’s a different state from your “home state” you need to qualify as a "Foreign Corporation”. You must then apply to do business in another state. Keep in mind that each state will have different guidelines for qualifying. Almost all states will demand a Good Standing Certificate for your home state to let you do business in another state. SunDoc filings can help you with filing in any state. Click here for our qualifications section.
To do business in another state, you may have to fill either a short-form or a long-form good standing application. It may be called something different in another state. For example::
- Certificate of Authority
- Certificate of Existence
- Certificate of Fact
- Certificate of Authorization
- Letter of Good Standing
There are three types of “Good Standing” forms
- Short Form. This is a standard certificate with the name of the business or entity, formation date, current status, and date the certificate was issued
- Long form with Officers. In addition to short-form items, you also will need to list all company Officers or Managers.
- Long form with Charter Documents. In addition to short form items, you will also need to provide charter documents on file for the business.
Certificate of Good Standing
When the Secretary of State’s office accepts the document for filing, processes it, and returns it, we will scan the certificate of good standing and electronically transmit it to you. We will then send the original to you through the mail. Delivery times exclude weekend/state holidays when state offices are closed for business.
You will usually need a Certificate of Good Standing if you want to quality your business in order to do business in another state or obtain a line of credit or loan. You will also need the Certificate to receive industry-specific licenses from state agencies.