Montana Certificate of Good Standing


Montana Certificate of Good Standing

Routine Order - $39 (Delivery Next Business Day)
Rush Order - $65 (Delivery in 2-3 Business Hours)

A Montana Certificate of Existence or Good Standing Certificate may be required for renewing business licenses, tax reasons, or for loans. The Secretary of State of Montana issues these documents. Having a Montana Certificate of Good Standing certifies that your business is in “good standing” with the state of Montana and that it is legally “in existence.” It will also certify that you can legally transact business in the state and are in compliance with all state regulations.


Our service fee includes an email copy. 



Rush: 2-3 hours      $65 (plus state fees)


Routine: Next business day   $39 (plus state fees)


Request must be received by 2 p.m. PST.  Fee includes emailing a copy of the Good Standing




Requirements for your entity to be in Good Standing:

  • Registered with the State as a domestic or foreign entity
  • Filed all annual reports as required by the State
  • Paid all State mandated fees and taxes


Looking for other state documents like articles or amendments? Head to our Certified Docs page.

The Advantage of Filing with SunDoc Filings


  • All orders received by 2 p.m. PST are processed the same day
  • Since 1999, we have processed thousands of document retrievals
  • Other companies mail in requests, which delays results


Over the years, SunDoc Filings has retrieved thousands of Good Standing Certificates for our clients. Let our skilled customer service staff help you!


To Qualify a Montana Corporation in Another State:


In order to foreign qualify your corporation or LLC in Montana, you will likely need a Certificate of Existence or a Good Standing Certificate. Entities are automatically considered foreign in states other than the home state (Montana), and to do business there, all businesses must apply for the authority. We can help you foreign qualify in any state. Keep in mind that all states have different requirements, so go to our qualification page to learn more about the requirements for various states.


Some states offer a long form and short form good standing. They might also refer to a Good Standing Certificate by another term:

  •    Letter of Good Standing
  •    Certificate of Fact
  •    Certificate of Authorization
  •    Certificate of Existence
  •    Certificate of Authority


Certificate of Existence vs. Certificate of Fact

  • Certificate of Existence- also known as a Certificate of Good Standing or a Certificate of Authorization. These certificates certify that the entity is registered and at the time the certificate was issues is in good standing with the agency issuing the certificate
  • Certificate of Fact - this can be issued for all business types and not only states that the business is registered and in good standing, but can also certify other specific information such as name changes, amendments, officers and directors of corporations, management of LLC, owners of assumed business names etc



Information about the Certificate of Good Standing



After the Secretary of State office returns your document to us, we will scan the document immediately and send you a copy via e-mail. If necessary, the original will follow via USPS. Remember that our delivery times do not include state holidays and weekends when state offices are closed.


Why would you need a Good Standing Certificate?

  • To qualify your LLC or corporation in another state
  • To qualify to do business in another state
  • Licensing requirements necessary for special industries
  • For obtaining a line of credit or loan
We want to help … tell us how!
The Certificate of Good Standing — or the Certificate of Existence, Certificate of Authority, or Certificate of Status — is a one-page document. It bears the seal of the issuing authority (usually the Secretary of State of Montana).
Upon submittal of the appropriate documentation to the SOS, a Certificate of Good Standing will be granted to any profit or nonprofit, foreign or domestic, and duly registered or formed entity. This official document certifies that an LLC or corporation is in compliance with all state of Montana requirements and is a legal entity that is registered with the state.
Entity Requirements:
• Must be registered to do business in Montana 
• Must be in good standing with the state regulations and not suspended for any reason 
We can obtain Montana Good Standing Certificates for the following entities:
• Limited Liability Company 
• Limited Partnership/ General Partnership
• Limited Liability Partnership 
• Corporation
Other State Nomenclature:
• Certificate of Fact
• Certificate of Authority
• Certificate of Existence
• Certificate of Authorization
• Letter of Good Standing