(next day delivery) - $39
(2-3 Business Hours) - $65
The Secretary of State (SOS) of Missouri issues Certificates of Existence or Good Standing Certificates. These are commonly necessary for business licenses, lines of credit, tax purposes, and business purposes. The certificates certify that your Missouri business is authorized to transact business in Missouri, is in existence to the state, and complies with state requirements. All of this means that your business is in “good standing” with the state.
Our service fee includes an email copy.
Rush: 2-3 hours $65 (plus state fees)
Routine: Next business day $39 (plus state fees)
Request must be received by 2 p.m. PST. Fee includes an email copy.
Requirements for your entity to be in Good Standing:
- Registered with the State as a domestic or foreign entity
- Filed all annual reports as required by the State
- Paid all State mandated fees and taxes
The SunDoc Filings Advantage
- We’ll never delay your results by mailing in your requests like other companies
- Thousands of documents have been retrieved by SunDoc Filings since 1999
- All orders received by 2 p.m. PST are processed the same day
Since 1999, SunDoc Filings has retrieved thousands Good Standing Certificates and other documents for our customers. Allow our skilled customer service staff to help you with your document retrievals.
Qualifying a Missouri Corporation in a Separate State
To foreign qualify a Missouri corporation or LLC may require a Good Standing Certificate (Certificate of Existence) to qualify as a "Foreign Corporation" in a state other than the home state of Missouri. Any entity is considered “Foreign” to another state and must apply for the authority to do business in another state. To do so, each state has different qualification guidelines, most of which include a Good Standing Certificate from the home state. We can help you with any state. Click here for our qualification page.
Some states may offer both a long and short form good standing. They might also call a Good Standing Certificate as one of the following terms:
- Letter of Good Standing
- Certificate of Existence
- Certificate of Fact
- Certificate of Authority
- Certificate of Authorization
Necessary Steps for Good Standings
- Entity must be registered as a legal entity with the Missouri Secretary of State, this means as a foreign or domestic registered entity
- The entity cannot be in default or suspended by the Missouri Secretary of State
- The entity must have complied with all necessary requirements put in place by the Secretary of State such as annual reports, annual fees, maintaining a registered agent, and keeping the Secretary of State informed of any changes to your entity
Information about the Certificate of Good Standing
We will immediately scan and email your original copy to you as soon as we receive it from the SOS (Secretary of State). If necessary, the original will follow in the mail (USPS). Be aware that SunDoc Filings’ delivery times do not include days when the state office will not be open (state holidays and weekends).
Most common reasons a Good Standing Certificate
- Certain licensing requirements
- To qualify an entity in a different state other than Missouri
- To register to transact business in a different state
- Obtaining a line of credit