In order to renew business licenses, apply for lines of credit, and for other business and tax purposes, a Louisiana Good Standing Certificate or Certificate of Existence is often necessary. These documents are issued by the Louisiana SOS (Secretary of State), and they certify that the Louisiana business you own is authorized to transact business in the state, is in existence, and complies with Louisiana state requirements. When it meets these requirements, it is in "Good Standing".
Our service fee includes an email copy.
Rush: 2-3 hours $65 (plus state fees)
Routine: Next business day $39 (plus state fees)
Requests must be received by 2 p. m. PST. Fee includes emailing a copy of the document.
Requirements to Obtain a Louisiana Good Standing Certificate, the entity must have:
- Registered with the State as a domestic or foreign entity
- Filed all annual reports as required by the State
- Paid all State mandated fees and taxes
The Advantage of SunDoc Filings
- Since our founding in 1999, we’ve processed thousands of document retrievals for our clients
- Unlike other companies, we won’t mail your requests, delaying your results
- All orders recieved by 2 p.m. PST are processed the same day
Since starting in 1999, SunDoc Filings has proudly retrieved thousands of Good Standing Certificates for clients around the nation. Our skilled customer service staff is here to help whenever you need us.
Qualifying a Louisiana Corporation in Another State
If you’d like to foreign qualify your Louisiana LLC or corporation, you may need a Good Standing Certificate, which is also known as a Certificate of Existence. This will allow your LLC or corporation to be considered a "Foreign Corporation" in the other state. You must apply for this authority, and to do so, you must follow the specific guidelines of your target state. Most of the guidelines require the Good Standing Certificate from the home state. At SunDoc Filings, we can help you meet the guidelines of any state. Go to our qualification page to learn more.
Certain states may ask for the good standing in both long and short form. It’s also possible that they’ll refer to the certificate in one of the following ways:
- Letter of Good Standing
- Certificate of Authorization
- Certificate of Existence
- Certificate of Fact
- Certificate of Authority
Necessary Steps for Good Standings
- Entity must be registered as a legal entity with the Louisiana Secretary of State, this means as either a domestic or foreign registered entity
- The entity cannot be in default or suspended by the Louisiana Secretary of State
- The entity must have complied with all necessary requirements put in place by the Secretary of State such as annual reports, annual fees, maintaining a registered agent, and keeping the Secretary of State informed of any changes to your entity.
Information on the Certificate of Good Standing
We will scan and e-mail your document as soon as the Secretary of State returns it to us. If necessary, we will also send you the document via the U.S. Postal Service. Please keep in mind that our delivery times do not include state holidays and weekends because the state office will also be closed at these times.
Top Reasons for Needing the Good Standing Certificate:
- To register to conduct business in a separate state other than the home state
- To qualify your entity in a separate state
- To obtain a line of credit or loan
- Certain industries’ licensing requirements