Kansas Certificate of Good Standing


Kansas Certificate of Good Standing

Rush Delivery - $65
2-3 Business Hours
Routine Delivery - $39
Next Business Day

The Kansas Secretary of State will issue Kansas Certificates of Existence (also known as Kansas Good Standing Certificates). These documents certify that your Kansas business is in “existence” and in “good standing” with the state. The document may be required for your business in order to apply for a loan, renew a business license, or for various other tax or other business purposes. Your certificate will certify that you are in compliance with state regulations and that you are legally authorized to transact business in the state.


Our service fee includes an email copy. 



Rush: 2-3 hours      $65 (plus state fees)


Routine: Next business day   $39 (plus state fees)


Request must be received by 2 p.m. PST.  Fee includes emailing a copy of the document.




Requirements to Obtain a Kansas Good Standing Certificate, the entity must have:

  • Registered with the State as a domestic or foreign entity
  • Filed all annual reports as required by the State
  • Paid all State mandated fees and taxes


Are you looking for articles, amendments, or other state documents? See our Certified Docs page.

The SunDoc Filings Advantage


  • We won’t mail in your requests, which often delays results
  • All orders recieved by 2 p.m. PST are processed the same day
  • We’ve processed thousands of document retrievals since our beginnings in 1999


SunDoc Filings has retrieved thousands of Good Standing Certificates and other documents since our beginnings in 1999. Allow our skilled customer service staff to help you in any way we can.



To Qualify a Kansas Corporation in Another State:


If you’d like to foreign qualify a Kansas LLC or corporation, you may need a Kansas Certificate of Existence or a Good Standing Certificate. This will make your LLC or Corporation a “foreign corporation” in the other state. All entities are considered foreign when they are not in their home state. To transact business in another state, all entities must apply for this authority. All states have different guidelines, but most guidelines require a Good Standing Certificate from the home state (Kansas). At SunDoc Filings, we’ll help with any state. Go to our qualification page to learn more.


Some states may offer both a long form and a short form good standing. It’s also possible that they’ll refer to a Good Standing Certificate as one of the following:

  •    Certificate of Authority
  •    Letter of Good Standing
  •    Certificate of Fact
  •    Certificate of Existence
  •    Certificate of Authorization


Why is my entity in Delinquent Status?

The Kansas Secretary of State will change the status of an entity from Active to Delinquent if they have not filed necessary forms or paid necessary fees. In order to get your entity back in good standing they will need to file an annual report and pay any necessary fees that may be due.



Information about the Certificate of Good Standing



After we receive your document from the Secretary of State office, we will send it to you via e-mail, and, if necessary, we will send the original copy to you via the U.S. Postal Service as well. Our delivery times will not include state holidays or weekends because state offices are closed on these days.


Common Reasons for requiring a Good Standing Certificate:

  • To register to do business in another state
  • To obtain a loan or line of credit
  • To qualify your entity in another state
  • For certain industries’ licensing requirements
Tell us how we can help!
Upon submittal of the appropriate documents, the Kansas Secretary of State office will grant a Certificate of Good Standing (also referred to as the Certificate of Status, Certificate of Authority, or Certificate of Existence) to any entity as long as it was duly registered or formed within Kansas.
The entity can be profit or nonprofit, domestic or foreign. The Certificate of Good Standing will put an LLC or corporation in “good standing” with the state and will certify that the entity is in compliance with state requirements. It also certifies that it is a legal entity, duly registered with the state. The one-page official document will bear the seal of the Secretary of State or another state agency if the SOS is not the issuing authority.
Entity Requirements:
• Must be registered to do business in Kansas 
• Must be in good standing with the state regulations and not suspended for any reason 
We can obtain Kansas Good Standing Certificates for the following entities:
• Limited Liability Company 
• Limited Partnership/ General Partnership
• Limited Liability Partnership 
• Corporation
Other State Nomenclature:
• Certificate of Fact
• Certificate of Authority
• Certificate of Existence
• Certificate of Authorization
• Letter of Good Standing