Iowa Certificate of Good Standing


Iowa Certificate of Good Standing

Rush $65, 2-3 Business Hours
Routine Orders $39, Next Business Day

The Secretary of State of Iowa issues Good Standing Certificates or Certificates of Existence in order for businesses to renew their licenses, take out loans, and for various other business or tax purposes. Having this document will certify that your entity is in compliance will all state laws and requirements and is therefore in existence and “in good standing” with the state. It ensures that you are authorized to transact business within the state of Iowa.


Our service fee includes an email copy. 



Rush: 2-3 hours      $65 (plus state fees)


Routine: Next business day   $39 (plus state fees)


Request must be received by 2 p.m. PST.  Fee includes an email copy.




Requirements to Obtain a an Iowa Good Standing Certificate, the entity must have:

  • Registered with the State as a domestic or foreign entity
  • Filed all annual reports as required by the State
  • Paid all State mandated fees and taxes


Need to obtain other state documents (like articles or amendments)? Go to our Certified Docs page.

SunDoc Filings Advantage


  • Most other filing companies will mail in your requests, which delays results
  • We have the experience of processing thousands of document retrievals since 1999
  • All orders recieved by 2 p.m. PST are processed the same day


Since 1999, SunDoc Filings has retrieved thousands of Good Standing Certificates for our customers. Our skilled customer service staff is always here for you.



Steps to Qualifying an Iowa Corporation in Another State


If you would like to foreign qualify your Iowa-based LLC or corporation, you may need an Iowa Certificate of Existence (or Iowa Good Standing Certificate). These are required for qualifying your business as a “foreign corporation” in any state that is not your home state (Iowa). Until you do this, your entity will be considered “foreign” in other states. You need to apply for the authority to conduct business in these states. All states have differing qualifications for this, but in most states, you will need a Good Standing Certificate from your home state (Iowa). SunDoc Filings is here to help you with any state requirements. Just go to our qualification page to learn more.


It is possible that other states may have both a short and long form good standing. They might also refer to a Good Standing Certificate in one of the following ways:

  •    Certificate of Existence
  •    Certificate of Authorization
  •    Letter of Good Standing
  •    Certificate of Fact
  •    Certificate of Authority


Requirements to obtain a Certificate of Good Standing

  • Entity must be registered as a legal entity with the Iowa Secretary of State, this means as either a domestic or foreign entity
  • The entity cannot be in default or suspended by the Iowa Secretary of State
  • The entity must have complied with all neccessary requirements put in place by the Secretary of State such as annual reports, annual fees, maintaining a registered agent, and keeping the Secretary of State informed of any changes to your entity. 



Information on the Certificate of Good Standing



Please note that our delivery times do not include state holidays and weekends when the state office will be closed. Once we receive your document from the Secretary of State office, we will scan it immediately and send you a copy via e-mail. If necessary, a paper copy through the United States Postal Service will follow.


Why you might need to obtain a Good Standing Certificate:

  • Obtaining a loan or line of credit
  • Qualifying your entity in another state
  • For licensing requirements for certain industries
  • Registering to do business in another state
Let us know how we can be of assistance!
A Certificate of Good Standing is also often referred to as a Certificate of Existence, Certificate of Authority, or Certificate of Status. It is an official document issued by the Iowa Secretary of State office. The document will certify that your business is in compliance with state requirements and a legal entity registered with the state. Upon submittal of the required documents, the Iowa Secretary of State will grant a Certificate of Good Standing to any and all business entities, whether or not they are nonprofit and for-profit, foreign or domestic. The business entity must have been duly registered and formed within Iowa, however. The document is one page long. It bears the seal of the Iowa Secretary of State or in some cases, another state agency.
Entity Requirements:
• Must be registered to do business in Iowa 
• Must be in good standing with the state regulations and not suspended for any reason 
We can obtain Iowa Good Standing Certificates for the following entities:
• Limited Liability Company 
• Limited Partnership/ General Partnership
• Limited Liability Partnership 
• Corporation
Other State Nomenclature:
• Certificate of Fact
• Certificate of Authority
• Certificate of Existence
• Certificate of Authorization
• Letter of Good Standing