We make it fast and easy to form a Kansas LLC. Packages start at $79. (plus state fees)
File your LLC’s Articles of Organization in Kansas using SunDoc Filings. We make daily trips to the Secretary of State office. Unlike other filing services, we handle all filings on an expedited basis. We never mail in your documents and we always have a live voice to help.
For already prepared documents, skip to step 3
Your filing is now on its way! If we receive your Kansas LLC's Articles of Organization by noon M-F, your filing will be submitted the same day it was received. The date submitted will become the file date of your new entity. The Secretary of State office will take at a few weeks to process routine orders. Keep in mind that if you mail the document to the state yourself, like many filin services do, you will have to wait SEVERAL MONTHS. When the state is approves your document, they will issue a state entity number and a certified copy We will immediately fax or email the filed document to you. We will return the certified copy via regular mail.
Your Post-Filing Responsibilities
File a Statement of Information: After the Articles of Organization are filed, the Secretary of State requires that you file a Statement of Information. The Statement of Information, includes the business and mailing address of the entity, the names and addresses of the members, the agent for service of process, and a brief description of the business. We can file this for you; simply add it to your order.
Employer Identification Number: If you would like, we can obtain your EIN for your new Kansas LLC. Simply add it to your order or fill out our online EIN order form and we will obtain the EIN within 24-48 hours.
Kansas LLC Kit: Our LLC Kits include a custom binder, 20 customized membership certificates, printed minutes, operating agreement, LLC seal embosser, and FedEx 2nd Day shipping. You can order the Kansas LLC kit at the time of filing or if you prefer, you can place the order individually at our Corporate/LLC Kit order page.
The SunDoc Filings Advantage
- We have filed thousands of documents since 1999
- All filings received by 12 p.m. PST are submitted same day
- Most filing companies mail in your filings
Kansas LLC Formation Guidelines
The Limited Liability Company name must contain the words “limited liability company,” or their abbreviation “LLC.” or “LC”or the designation “LLC” or “LC”. An available name may be reserved for a 120-day period.
The limited liability company can be formed by any one (1)or more persons.
The limited liability company can be formed with one (1)or more members
A limited liability company may carry on any lawful business or activity, whether or not for profit with the exception of the business of granting policies of insurance or assuming insurance risks or banking.
The Limited Liability Company must maintain a registered agent and office to receive service of process in Kansas.
Submit to the Secretary of State one (1) executed original and one (1) conformed copy of the Articles of Organization.
Post Filing Obligations
Annual Report: Each LLC shall file an annual report with the Kansas Secretary of State at the close of business on the last day of its tax period next preceding the date of filing that lists the following:
- The LLC name
- A list of the members owning at least 5% of the capital of the LLC, with the address of each
- The annual report shall be signed by a member of the LLC and forwarded to the Secretary of State.
- Each limited liability company shall keep following records open to inspection at its office:
- True and full information regarding the status of the business and financial condition of the LLC
- Promptly after becoming available, a copy of the LLC's federal, state and local income tax returns for each year;
- A current list of the name and last known business, residence or mailing address of each member and manager
- A copy of any operating agreement and articles of organization and all amendments.
- True and full information regarding the amount of cash and a description and statement of the agreed value of any other property or services contributed by each member and which each member has agreed to contribute in the future, and the date on which each became a member.
Kansas LLC Frequently Asked Questions